A new concept in purchasing management
Sector: Finances.

A new concept in purchasing management

Background

In order to optimize its Purchasing function, Banco Sabadell and Fullstep conducted a study that would:

• Develop a diagnosis of current purchasing   functions.

• Identify opportunities for improvement and assess potential savings.

• Design the optimized Purchasing Management Model.

• Define an action plan for the implementation of the model in different phases.

Highlights

> Assets: over 168.5 b€

> 2,254 offices

> 17,233 employees

> Spain’s fourth banking group

Objectives

• Enhance the Role of Purchasing and cost control.

• Start a new centralized area, responsible for cost control and the execution of all purchases of the company.

• Implement a Savings Program that provides short-term benefits and allow business to maintain margins in an environment of economic crisis.

Solution

The project provided the following improvement recommendations:

• New Structure that managed ALL purchasing groups and provided service to the rest of the Organization.

• New purchasing process: implementation of a new process to facilitate global contracts management and administration.

• Procurement Committee as the core of the management and organization of the function, to ensure transparency and objectivity in decision-making.

• Supplier relations: development of a flexible and efficient channel of communication with current and potential suppliers to promote their collaboration.

• Tools to support the Purchasing Management: implementation of the negotiation module  of the Purchasing Platform (FULLSTEP GS + FULLSTEP Portal), with on-site FULLSTEP specialized support staff.

• Implementation of the Accelerated Cost Reduction Program (PARC) in 2 phases: the first 9 months, on 30% of purchases. The second phase on the remaining 70%.

Result

• Savings over 20% in the first phase of PARC.

• Savings of 17% in the second phase.

• Project valued a “great success” by the senior executives of the Bank.

• Implementation within 6 months of the new Centralized Purchasing Department.

• Support for change management during 12 months, in parallel with the implementation of the PARC.

• Implementation of suppliers portal, negotiation, workflow management, vendor evaluation and contract management modules.

Cerrar

More info

We’d love to answer all your questions.
Please fill out the form below, and a representative will get back to you within 48 hours

captcha

The purpose of this form is to respond to your request for direct contact and / or demo. The basis of legitimation Art. 6.1 of the RGPD 2016/679 is the express consent granted by the user through a web registration form.

The company responsible for processing this information is FULLSTEP NETWORKS, S.A. with registered office at Pza. Carlos Trías Bertrán, 7, 3º - 28020 MADRID, CIF: A-82661935, Tel. + 34 91 296 20 00, E-mail: info@fullstep.com.

The rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of treatment, opposition and / or request for portability will be exercised before FULLSTEP through the mail: info@fullstep.com .

For more information, see our Privacy Policy and Conditions of Use at: https://www.fullstep.com/en/politica-de-privacidad/