In order to optimize its Purchasing function, Banco Sabadell and Fullstep conducted a study that would:
• Develop a diagnosis of current purchasing functions.
• Identify opportunities for improvement and assess potential savings.
• Design the optimized Purchasing Management Model.
• Define an action plan for the implementation of the model in different phases.
> Assets: over 168.5 b€
> 2,254 offices
> 17,233 employees
> Spain’s fourth banking group
• Enhance the Role of Purchasing and cost control.
• Start a new centralized area, responsible for cost control and the execution of all purchases of the company.
• Implement a Savings Program that provides short-term benefits and allow business to maintain margins in an environment of economic crisis.
The project provided the following improvement recommendations:
• New Structure that managed ALL purchasing groups and provided service to the rest of the Organization.
• New purchasing process: implementation of a new process to facilitate global contracts management and administration.
• Procurement Committee as the core of the management and organization of the function, to ensure transparency and objectivity in decision-making.
• Supplier relations: development of a flexible and efficient channel of communication with current and potential suppliers to promote their collaboration.
• Tools to support the Purchasing Management: implementation of the negotiation module of the Purchasing Platform (FULLSTEP GS + FULLSTEP Portal), with on-site FULLSTEP specialized support staff.
• Implementation of the Accelerated Cost Reduction Program (PARC) in 2 phases: the first 9 months, on 30% of purchases. The second phase on the remaining 70%.
• Savings over 20% in the first phase of PARC.
• Savings of 17% in the second phase.
• Project valued a “great success” by the senior executives of the Bank.
• Implementation within 6 months of the new Centralized Purchasing Department.
• Support for change management during 12 months, in parallel with the implementation of the PARC.
• Implementation of suppliers portal, negotiation, workflow management, vendor evaluation and contract management modules.
Our website uses its own and third-party cookies to improve its performance and collect information anonymously that allows us to know the most consulted content. The fact of continuing browsing our website does not indicate that you are accepting its use. You can change the settings or get more information here. AcceptReject